List or Manifest of Alien Passengers for the Commissioner of Immigration at Port of Arrival
Required by the regulations of the Secretary of the Treasury of the United States, under Act of Congress approved March 3, 1893, to be delivered to the Commissioner of Immigration by the Commanding Officer of any vessel having such passengers on board upon arrival at a port in the United States
1. No. on list
49 x 49 (7 x 7 = 49)
2. Name in full
Your Name Try CUNT INTERNATIONAL
One and Three Chairs
OVER AND OVER. OVER AND OVER. AND OVER AND OVER. AND OVER AND OVER.
5. Married or single
Painting to Hammer a Nail In
6. Calling or occupation
I Like America and America Likes Me
7. Able to read | write
I’m Too Sad to Tell You
Bits & Pieces Put Together to Present a Semblance of a Whole
9. Race or people
One Billion Colored Dots
10. Last residence (province, city or town)
House Beautiful: Bringing the War Home
11. Seaport for landing in the United States
The Residue of a Flare Ignited Upon a Boundary
12. Final destination in the United States (state, city or town)
Thirtyfour Parking Lots
13. Whether having a ticket to such final destination
Protect Me From What I Want
14. By whom passage was paid
Pay Nothing Until April
15. Whether in possession of money, if so, whether more than $30 and how much if $30 or less
Take Care of Yourself
16. Whether ever before in the United States, and if so, when and where
17. Whether going to join a relative, and if so, what relative, their name and address
Portrait of Iris Clert
18. Purpose of coming to the United States
19. Ever in prison, or almshouse, or institution for care and treatment of the insane, or supported by charity. If so, which?
20. Whether a polygamist?
Don’t Postpone Joy, or Collecting Can Be Fun
21. Whether an anarchist?
I Will Not Make Any More Boring Art
22. Whether under contract, express or implied, to labor in the United States
Workers who cannot be paid, remunerated to remain inside cardboard boxes
23. Condition of health, mental and physical
Statue of Venus Obliterated By Infinity Nets
24. Deformed or crippled, nature, length of time and cause
I Am Still Alive
25. Height: feet. | Inches.
Vanilla Nightmares #3
27. Color of — Hair. | eyes.
28. Marks of identification
12 Months with Postcards From Today of Kittens
29. Place of Birth. Country. | City or Town
1. These were the questions my Sicilian great-grandparents were required to answer when they immigrated to the United States ca. 1900.
Edited by Divya Victor