CFP: The 3rd Convention of the Chinese/American Association for Poetry and Poetics, Shanghai, China, Dec. 18-19, 2014
The 3rd Convention of the Chinese/American Association for Poetry and Poetics will take place in Shanghai from December 18 to19, 2014. This convention will be hosted by Shanghai University and co-sponsored by Central China Normal University, Foreign Literature Studies, Forum for World Literature Studies, University of Pennsylvania, and China Three Gorges University. Papers are called from scholars all over the world.
I. Conference Topics
1. Modern and contemporary poetry and poetics
2. Meaning/politics of poetic form
3. On and off the page: Poetry, society, culture
4. Poetry in the genealogical perspective: the evolution (and devolution) of poetic genres
5. Poetry and poetics in the context of comparative literature and comparative arts
6. Poetry in the global context: Diffusion, exchange, conflict
7. Poetry and new media
8. Poetics of translation
II. Important dates:
1. By June 1, 2014 Submit conference paper proposal and confirm over issues about your attendance and lodging.
2. By October 1, 2014 Submit the full text of your conference paper, including abstract and the author’s info.
3. December 17, 2014 Conference registration
4. 8:30am, Dec 18—5:30pm, Dec 19, 2014 Conference
III. Registration Fee: RMB900/person, or USD145/person, with 4 meals included.
IV. Conference publications:
Proceedings of the conference will be published and quality papers will be published in Foreign Literature Studies or Forum for World Literature Studies.
V. Contact us:
Prof Luo Lianggong, Central China Normal University （Phone: 86-138 8606 7048）
Prof Zhu Zhenwu, Shanghai University (Phone: 86-189 1801 8689)