CAAP November 2019 in Hangzhou: CFP
The 8th International Conference of the Chinese/American Poetry and Poetics (CAAP)
Hangzhou, China / November 1-3, 2019
Zhejiang Sci-Tech University and
Central China Normal University, Wuhan, China
Chinese Department, Fudan University
Center for English Literatures of Central China Normal University,
Foreign Literature Studies (Journal)
International Journal of Poetry and Poetics (Journal), and
Foreign Language and Literature Research (Journal)
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 8th International Conference of Chinese/American Poetry and Poetics will take place at Zhejiang Sci-Tech University in Hangzhou, November 1-3, 2019. This conference will be hosted by Zhejiang Sci-Tech University together with Central China Normal University, and co-sponsored by Fudan University, the Center for English Literatures of Central China Normal University, Foreign Literature Studies, International Journal of Poetry and Poetics and Foreign Language and Literature Research. All scholars, poets and poetry translators from all over the world are welcome.
I. Possible Topics (but not limited to the following):
(1) Chinese and Foreign Poetry: Their Exchange and Dissemination
(2) Poetic Theory: Traditional and Modern
(3) Sound, Visual, and Performance: New Perspectives on the Texts of Poetry
(4) The Ethical Dimension of Poetries
(5) Poetry and Ethnic Experiences
(6) Poetry and Modern Science and Technology
(7) Poetry and Fashion
(8) Art of Poetry Translation
(9) Zhejiang and Poetry of the World
(10) Emily Dickinson: Her Poetry and Poetics
* Proposals must be in English or in both Chinese and English.
* Group proposals are welcome.
(1) Proposals are due on September 15, 2019.
(2) On-site registration: November 1, 2019, at Hangzhou Shujiang Hotel
(1 St.2, Xiasha Higher Education Zone, Hangzhou, China. )
(3) Convention events: November 2-3, 2019
Qualified papers will be selected and published in Foreign Literature Studies, International Journal for Poetry and Poetics, and Foreign Language and Literature Research.
IV. Working Languages: English and Chinese.